Free RED ZONE through 9/1/22.
RED ZONE is our virtual training and audition package. All students interested in joining the Colts and Colt Cadets start in the RED ZONE.
This gets you everything you need to audition for Colts including our section packets with Soundslice training tools, and an opportunity to submit an audition video for evaluation and feedback.
Following a productive January camp weekend in Dubuque, there are still openings remaining in the Colts — and the Colt Cadets will get started in early February. For any students still looking to find their drum corps home for next summer, this is yet another great reason to discover why YOU BELONG HERE.
Here's all you need to do to get started...
- Submit an Information Request to receive the RED ZONE discount code. Click the discount code link to go to the Colts Mall.
- Purchase the audition packet for your section/instrument. Balance due will be $0 when you use the link you get after submitting the Information Request.
- Submit a video to: firstname.lastname@example.org (If you already have a video you submitted for another audition, go ahead and send it in. We may ask for a callback video using the exercises found in the your RED ZONE audition packet.)
- We’ll reply with feedback and let you know about upcoming in-person events.
Once you submit an audition video, you will get one of four results:
- An offer of membership in the 2022 Colts. Contracted members are expected to attend all remaining three-day camps when their section is scheduled: February (brass only); April (full corps). Please plan accordingly.
- An invitation to submit a second video and/or attend one of our in-person callback/rehearsal events. A callback gives our staff an opportunity to assess your growth after you receive some initial feedback. We will only offer a callback if we believe you have a legitimate shot to earn a position in the Colts.
- A recommendation to join Colt Cadets so you get a full summer of drum corps experience to help you become better prepared to earn a Colts position in the future. The Colt Cadets staff are great educators and many of the techniques they use are identical to Colts. (Age restrictions may apply.)
- A suggestion to refine your skills using the materials offered in the RED ZONE and try again next year.
Submit & Join
Whether or not you are attending the February (brass) and/or April camps, you need to submit an RSVP so we know you are still interested in a position within the drum corps. Always check our website within a few hours of leaving for camp for any updates or last-minute changes in schedule (especially due to the unpredictability of winter weather). Specific camp information is released a week or so prior to each event. Become familiar with our calendar. If you have conflicts, talk to us — we will work with you! COMMUNICATION IS CRITICAL!
Fill out a 2022 Application in advance of your camp attendance. Submitting the application in advance will save you considerable time at registration before our in-person callback/rehearsal events. All attendees need to submit an application online.
Encourage your parents to sign up for our email list as well. All communication is done through our email distribution list.
Submit a Medical & Release Form. This is required of all students prior to in-person attendance.
We provide ground transportation anytime to and from the Dubuque Regional Airport (DBQ) for Dubuque camps. We can also accommodate flights into surrounding airports (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Madison, or Rockford) but you MUST notify us prior to booking. MLI (Moline) and CID (Cedar Rapids) are very close to Dubuque and reasonable in fare. Please note that the Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, and Moline airports close overnight. Do not plan on spending the night before or after camp at these airports.
Chicago Shuttle \ We will run one shuttle on Friday and Sunday to Chicago’s two major airports. The shuttle (bus or van depending on the number traveling) will depart Midway at 2:30 PM and O’Hare at 3:30 PM on Friday. The shuttle will be scheduled to arrive at O’Hare on Sunday evening at 5:00 PM and Midway at 6:00 PM. ORD (Chicago O'Hare) travel MUST land prior to 3:00 PM on Friday and depart no earlier than 6:30 PM on Sunday. MDW (Chicago Midway) travel MUST land prior to 2:00 PM on Friday and depart no earlier than 7:30 PM on Sunday. If you plan on using either of these airports, please let Vicki (email@example.com) know prior to booking flights.
If you need help finding a ride to camp, or to arrange rides from an airport or bus station, please notify us ASAP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also help fellow members by offering a ride in your vehicle. On your RSVP, please let us know if you have extra room or if you cannot find a ride. All flight details should also be listed on your RSVP.