Colts Release Preseason Preparation Details
March 31, 2021
The Red Zone is still open for new auditions! The Colts currently have positions available in most sections of the corps. Learn more, sign up, and engage in our Red Zone audition process here.
For members and others engaged in the Red Zone, the Colts preseason preparation involves a monthly Zoom sectional, subsection work, weekly physical fitness guidance, and a series of assignments to ensure preparation for our summer season. With in-person events unlikely, our goal is to have each member of the corps move in as prepared as possible and ready to learn drill.
- ZOOM BRASS SECTIONALS
- Noon–2 PM Central Time
- Saturday, April 3 – Introduce Act 3 Music, Visual Basics on the Move
- Sunday, May 2 – Introduce Act 4 Music, Visual for Acts 1 & 2
- Sunday, June 6 – Drill & Production Preparation, Visual for Acts 3 & 4
- ZOOM PERCUSSION SECTIONALS
- 3 PM–5 PM Central Time
- Sunday, April 11 – Introduce Act 2, Visual Basics on the Move
- Sunday, May 2 – Introduce Act 3, Visual for Acts 1 & 2
- Sunday, June 6 – Introduce Act 4, Visual for Acts 3 & 4
- ZOOM GUARD SECTIONALS
- 6 PM–8 PM Central Time
- Sunday, April 11 – Introduce Basics (Warmups and Routines)
- Sunday, May 2 – Introduce Act 1 & 2
- Sunday, June 6 – Introduce Act 3 & 4
The cost of preseason preparation is $40 per act ($160 total). This amount is added to contracted student accounts and can be paid monthly or in full. We are optimistic about our summer plans! Individuals who join later than any of the due dates presented will still be responsible for the information presented via Zoom and should catch up on assignments as quickly as possible. New members will still be able to receive four lessons, just scheduled in a more compressed timeline.
In preparation for the summer season, interested Colts should ensure availability July 1 through August 15. Member fees for the Colts summer tour will be $2600. Students are asked to allow for a 7-day quarantine prior to arrival and asked to show a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to arrival. All summer participants (members, volunteers, and staff) are expected to demonstrate a vaccination record including the COVID vaccine.
The Colts and Colt Cadets will participate in six Midwest Combine events, plus one event leading into the Drum Corps International event and celebration in Indianapolis August 12-14. Both corps will perform all three days in Indianapolis. Any questions can be directed to Colts Director Vicki MacFarlane, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Colts News.